1. I don’t have a reading program. Can I still apply for Reading Rewards?
Yes indeed. As long as you represent a school, a library, or a homeschool co-op, you can apply for Reading Rewards. We’ve even developed a couple of helpful resources for getting your new reading program off the ground:
- An Elementary Reading Log for younger readers
- A Teen Classroom Tracker for older (or more precocious) bookworms
Choose the program that best suits your group, and if your application is accepted, we’ll send along a stash of Reading Rewards so you can celebrate their progress.
2. Oops—can I edit my application once it’s been submitted?
Be sure to check your application before you submit—once it’s been sent into the Great Internet Ether, the only way to make changes is by visiting the Contact Support section of our website. Be sure to have your application details and exactly what needs to be changed ready to share.
3. Is the Reading Rewards program available in Canada?
4. Can I submit one application on behalf of our entire school district or library system? Or does each school/library have to apply independently?
You can submit a master application if all of the following things are true for you:
- You’re the school district or library system’s representative (you go, you)
- You’re sure every school or library within your system will be participating
- You’ll be able to distribute the Reading Rewards bounty to each school/library within your system… ‘cause if your application is approved, we’ll send the whole batch of Rewards to the address you’ve provided in your application.
5. Why can’t you ship to a PO Box or residential address?
Reading Rewards are precious cargo, and that means we have to ship them via FedEx with a signature required. Residential addresses and PO Boxes mean that we’re often unable to track shipments, guarantee delivery, or verify program eligibility requirements. If shipping addresses are a concern for your program, you can always apply through your local library.
6. My Reading Rewards application wasn’t approved :( Do you have any other resources to help support my group?
Yes, definitely. Fundraising with Chipotle is one way we support local organizations—33% of the event proceeds are donated to your program. You can also create a Chipotle account so you’ll be the first to know about any and all exciting neighborhood developments that might be relevant for you in the future.