If you’re looking for fun and exciting ways to host a successful library fundraiser, you’ve come to the right place. Chipotle has always been supportive of local schools and libraries through restaurant fundraisers, and we love seeing local communities coming together to support each other. Keep reading for a list of the best fundraising ideas for libraries.
7 Library Fundraising Ideas
- Restaurant fundraiser: Invite the community to support your local library by participating in your restaurant fundraiser. Restaurant fundraisers are one of the best options for organizations wanting to host an easy and successful fundraiser. Chipotle fundraisers give back 33% of event sales, subject to achieving a minimum of $150 in fundraiser sales, and are easy to set up and host. If your supporters are in a hurry, we offer a digital option where they are able to place their order online or in the app for pickup by using the unique fundraiser code. To host your library fundraiser with Chipotle, apply here.
- Book-themed party: Select a book and host a party encouraging participants to dress up as one of the characters or simply wear clothing from the year the book is based. Get creative! It’s fun to involve local businesses or restaurants to contribute to your library fundraiser by donating food or items for guests to purchase.
- Community book fair: Chances are, many people in your community have used books in their homes that haven’t been opened in months. Collect used books and sell them at inexpensive prices, with proceeds going to your local library. Host the event at your library for an easy way to raise funds.
- Walkathon and fun run: These are a great option for any type of fundraiser! Set up a walking or running path and have it end at your library. Everyone who wants to participate can pay an entry fee and at the end of the walk/run, they can browse the library and enjoy drinks outside.
- Book club: Book clubs are never going out of style! This is a great way for people from your community to meet one another and read new books that they may not have read before. Book clubs can be hosted at the library every month and each month a new book is selected. Ask volunteers to help host and organize, and participants can pay a small membership fee that will go towards the library. A successful library fundraiser raises money while encouraging members of your community to continue reading new books!
- After school reading club: Similar to a book club, participants can pay a small membership fee to raise money for your library. Parents or other volunteers from the library can host, and students will be able to read in a quiet environment while still spending time with other students. Consider splitting students up by grade and assign a new book for them to read together to more closely resemble a traditional book club.
- Book reading/signing: Invite a local author to come and read to the community. This is a great opportunity for authors to showcase their work and get their name out there while still raising money for the library by charging a small entry fee. If the author has just published a new book, consider working with them to receive a certain percentage of books sold during the event.
We hope this list is helpful in finding new ways to fundraise for your local library. Click here to host your next library fundraiser with Chipotle in order to raise more to read more! For more library fundraising ideas, check out this article.