Fundraiser Gift Basket Ideas
Read below for 15 fundraiser gift basket ideas that your supporters and their families are sure to enjoy.
If you are planning your organization’s next basket raffle or silent auction and need some inspiration for basket themes and ideas, we’re here to help you. Keep reading for 15 fundraiser gift basket ideas that your supporters and their families are sure to enjoy.
- Restaurant Theme: Select special treats, sauces and other food items from local restaurants along with gift cards to family favorite restaurants. To include a Chipotle gift card in your next restaurant themed gift basket raffle, take a look at different purchasing options here.
- Baked Goods: Ask local bakeries to donate items to your fundraiser raffle or recruit volunteer bakers to bake a variety of goods for your basket. Consider asking bakeries to provide recipes to include in the basket as well for the recipient to enjoy at home.
- Chocolate Lovers: For those with a sweet tooth, fill up this raffle gift basket with an assortment of many different gourmet chocolate pieces, hot chocolate packets, cookies, brownies, and fudge. Check out local candy stores and specialty grocery stores to find rare items.
- Summer BBQ Basket: A BBQ basket is the perfect fundraiser gift basket idea if your event is being hosted in the summer. Use a barbecue as the basket and fill it with tools, sauces, spices, and cookbooks. Ask local grocery stores or meat suppliers if they’ll donate vouchers for free meats towards your basket.
- Coffee: A coffee machine with different types of coffee beans, an espresso maker with espresso packs, or a gift card to a local coffee shop can be a great part of your basket. You can add a milk frother and set of mugs.
- Picnic: A picnic basket can be filled with a blanket, plates, glasses, utensils, and other fun picnic items.
- Date Night: For those who want a night away, this raffle gift basket can include childcare for a night and a gift card to a nice restaurant in your area. You can also offer an at home date night basket by providing a voucher for a private chef to come to a home and cook dinner.
- Weekend Getaway: Travel is always a big hit for gift basket raffles. Ask families to donate their lake, beach or mountain home for a weekend, or work with a travel agency to get a discounted price on a hotel or rental property.
- Sports Fan: Gather hats, shirts and other apparel from your local professional sports team and include a pair of tickets to attend an upcoming game. Tip: ask supporters and other community members with season tickets if they would be willing to donate tickets for one game to be used in your raffle.
- Camping: A camping basket can include a tent, sleeping bags, cooking tools and utensils, and even a book with the best hiking and camping spots.
- Golfing: This basket can include golf balls, tees, a hat, umbrella, vouchers to local courses, and even a free one-on-one lesson with a golf instructor.
- Book Club: A screen reader can be the main item in this basket, accompanied by gift cards to online or local book stores.
- Local Aquarium: If there is an aquarium in your area, include a family pack of tickets. Provide gift cards to the aquarium gift shop or restaurant.
- Concert: A concert basket could include tickets to any upcoming exciting concerts. Gift cards to ride sharing apps or transportation included is a great bonus item.
- Personal Training or Gym Pass: Ask local gyms and trainers to donate training sessions or gym memberships for this raffle basket. It’s a great way to get their name out in the community and bring in new clients.
To drive participation, you can also take your gift basket fundraiser online! There are a variety of companies out there to help you do so. Visit this site for a list of over 60 different charity auction sites to help with online fundraising. If you choose to conduct a raffle, be sure to comply with any applicable sweepstakes promotion and registration laws.
For more ways to raise funds for your organization along with a raffle fundraiser or silent auction, check out our resources page.