During the winter months, giving is often at a high for the year. December is known to be a month of generosity considering the holidays and ending the year on a positive note. This article shows how donations are significantly higher on the last two days of the year than other days, even Giving Tuesday. January and February are also important months for fundraising since many people make New Year’s resolutions to give more and support the causes that mean the most to them.
When thinking about your next fundraiser date, consider leaning into the extra generosity by planning a winter fundraising event. Just because it may be colder outside doesn’t mean that there aren’t great winter fundraising ideas and options that will benefit your organization!
To spark some ideas, here are some fun options for your next winter fundraiser:
- Restaurant Fundraiser. Restaurant fundraisers are one of the best options for organizations wanting to host an easy and successful fundraiser. An extra perk is that there’s nothing better than a hot meal on a cold winter night! Chipotle fundraisers give back 33% of event sales, subject to achieving a minimum of $150 in fundraiser sales, and are easy to set up and host. If your supporters are in a hurry, we offer a digital option where they are able to place their order online or in the app for pickup by using the unique fundraiser code. To host your next winter fundraiser with Chipotle, apply here.
- Polar Plunge. Unlike eating indoors, this is an option for those wanting to make a splash. Guaranteed to create many fun memories, this winter fundraising event usually happens near a local lake, where supporters first run a 5K and finish by jumping into the cold water. You’d be surprised what people will do for a good cause!
- Sledding or Ice Skating. Both are great family-friendly options and equal amounts fun. Consider your resources and how much planning and preparation your organization can put into this event.
- Gift Wrapping. This is a great excuse for those who don’t love wrapping holiday presents to get them “professionally” wrapped while supporting an organization that they care about. If your organization has all of the supplies and volunteers, it can be an easy event to set up while getting everyone in the holiday spirit.
- Football Watching Party. Host an event in connection with a big game. Since football and food go hand in hand, order catering through Chipotle and charge extra for food and drinks.
If your organization is interested in hosting a Valentine’s-inspired fundraising event, here are some fun Valentine’s Day fundraiser ideas.
- Bake Sale. Valentine’s Day is often associated with sweets, and who can say no to a baked treat for a good cause? Recruit all of the bakers in your organization and supporters can purchase baked goods for their special someone.
- Flower Delivery. Partner with a local flower shop to receive a certain percentage of proceeds for all flowery delivery orders that your organization brings in.
- Candy Grams. Take orders for any candy or chocolate (perhaps from a local store) and deliver them on Valentine’s Day.
Though it may be cold and snowy, winter months can be some of the best fundraising months for your organization! We hope this post inspires an idea for your next big winter or Valentine’s day fundraiser. If you’re interested in hosting a fundraiser at your nearest Chipotle, apply now.