Cancer Fundraising Ideas
To start your fundraising efforts for the cause of your choice, keep reading for some cancer fundraising ideas.
Cancer awareness and research are causes that are heavily fundraised for in order to donate money to programs that can find more, and better, treatments, uncover factors that may cause cancer, and improve cancer patients’ quality of life. While cancer research happens year-round, there are different months and days dedicated to raise awareness for specific cancers. Though this is a heavy topic, cancer fundraisers are great opportunities to raise awareness while bringing people together to raise money for a great cause.
Individual donations are incredibly meaningful for organizations raising money for cancer research, but fundraising can be even more impactful with the help of other supporters.
To start your fundraising efforts for the cause of your choice, here are some cancer fundraising ideas:
- Restaurant Fundraiser: Host a fundraiser at your local restaurant, where a portion of all sales are donated to your cause. Chipotle’s fundraiser program gives back 33% of event sales (subject to achievement of a minimum level of total event sales), and the fundraisers are easy to set up online. With a new digital fundraiser feature, supporters have the option to either order in store or can now order online by using the Chipotle app or through chipotle.com. Just make sure they order online for pickup at the participating restaurant during the time frame of your fundraiser. Chipotle continues to support organizations raising money for cancer awareness and research by helping raise almost $2M to cancer-related causes through fundraisers. To apply for a fundraiser with Chipotle, click here.
- Relay For Life Fundraising: Relay For Life is an already established fundraiser experience for American Cancer Society, with a focus on team and individual fundraising. Relay events can be joined both virtually and in person, with survivors, caregivers, and others impacted by cancer. The organization has provided different fundraising resources to help provide team fundraising ideas for Relay For Life fundraising.
- Fundraising Competition: Take it up a notch and create some healthy competition for a good cause! Chipotle has hosted fundraisers supporting students competing in Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Student of the Year Campaign, a competition between several teams of high school students raising the most amount of money for LLS in a seven-week time frame. Create your own competition between schools, individuals, or teams to see who can raise the most amount of money for cancer research.
- Virtual Fundraiser: With many things becoming virtual these days, the need for virtual fundraisers has grown for those trying to raise money for their chosen cause. Click here for a variety of different virtual fundraising ideas for your group to choose.
- Online Auction or Raffle: Partner with local businesses to donate prizes to be auctioned or raffled off. If hosting an online auction, you can align it with the awareness month of your cause and allow bids to come in during the entire month, raising more money in the long run.
- T-Shirt Fundraiser: Create a custom t-shirt to raise money for cancer research. Consider using a t-shirt fundraising platform, like Bonfire, to design and sell your custom shirt or hoodie to your supporters.
- Sell Custom Calendars: Depending on the time of year you are fundraising, custom calendars can be a fun way to raise money for your cancer fundraiser. Start planning in the summer months in order to have them made and ready to be promoted by the time the new year approaches.
Fundraising for cancer awareness and research is important in continuing to support the science and treatments for those affected by cancer. Fundraising events can build community and support from many individuals working together towards a common goal. Click here to find out more about non-profits raising money for cancer research including breast cancer research and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. To learn more about how Chipotle gives back to local communities, click here.